Digital Square is a partnership of the world’s leading digital health experts from 40+ organizations and countries working together to strengthen digital health systems in emerging economies. We support co-investment into scalable technology solutions and create the environments in which they can be sustained. Digital Square is led by and housed at PATH, the leader in global health innovation.
This wiki serves as a platform for technical audiences to obtain resources and information related to Digital Square's investments in global goods. More general information about Digital Square can be found on the main website.
- 1 What We Do
- 2 Governance
- 3 Investors
- 4 Global Goods
- 5 External Resources
- 6 Digital Square Resources
- 7 Digital Health & Interoperability Working Group
- 8 Contact Us
What We Do
Digital Square is connecting the world for better health.
We work in three key ways:
- Coordinate investments in proven digital technology to maximize the impact of every dollar spent.
- Scale global good technologies that can be adapted to different countries and contexts.
- Create digital market readiness by building capacity with governments, local technology developers, and health workers.
Digital Square's investments follow detailed governance processes that leverage a Peer Review Committee and Board. Additionally, Digital Square serves as the Secretariat for DIAL's Health-Sustainability Advisory Group.
Digital Square is funded in partnership with USAID, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Last Mile Health, The Rockefeller Foundation, Vitol Foundation, Patrick J. McGovern Foundation, and CRI Foundation.
- What are Global Goods
- Global Goods Guidebook
- Demographics of Digital Health Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Minutes from Global Goods Calls
- Global Goods Community
What are approved global goods?
Approved global goods have been vetted using the Global Good Maturity Model and an expert group of digital health stakeholders through the Digital Square Open Application Process. It has been approved as an investment priority by Digital Square’s Board.
- List of Global Goods that are Approved - Contingent on Funding
- List of Global Goods that are Approved - Partially Funded
- Principles for Digital Development
- The Mobile Economy 2018
- The Mobile Economy Sub-Saharan Africa 2017
- Scaling Digital Health in Emerging Markets
- The latest case study on a mHealth service in Tanzania: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby
Digital Square Resources
Digital Health & Interoperability Working Group
The Digital Health & Interoperability Working Group (DH&I WG) is a volunteer community of practice dedicated to strengthening country health systems and outcomes through the appropriate and responsible use of digital information technologies.
- Slack: Please join our slack team