Minutes from Global Goods Calls
From Digital Square
Revision as of 20:00, 11 January 2018 by ClaireDroll (Created page with "==January 3, 2018 Call | Update on Peer Review Process== * Welcome – Lauren Wall * Why Digital Square updated the open proposals process – Carl Leitner ** We took f...")
January 3, 2018 Call | Update on Peer Review Process
- Welcome – Lauren Wall
- Why Digital Square updated the open proposals process – Carl Leitner
- We took feedback from the previous round of global goods submissions, Notice A. Thanks to that feedback we have designed a round that will provide more time for proposal development, provide feedback earlier, and identify potential duplicative work earlier.
- Digital Square prioritization
- Digital Square’s Governing Board is currently developing a prioritization framework for global goods investments. We will share this if it is finalized for Notice B.
- Open Proposals Process:
- We are hosting this process online at: https://open-proposals.ucsf.edu/digital-square/notice-b
- You must request an account. You will be approved ~ 24 business hours.
- Please provide feedback on concept notes and proposals, as well.
We will use the following schedule
We are currently in the concept notes phase. The concept note phase is detailed on the site when you click “Add your proposal”. It requests three pieces of information:
- Executive summary–Describe in two to three paragraphs, for a non-technical audience, the context under which this proposal or work plan is being submitted to the Digital Square and the expected outcomes.
- Consortium team–Describe in brief, the composition of the consortium, the skill sets each organization will bring to bear on the proposal or work plan. Identify the organizational management lead who will serve as the point of contact for the proposal or work plan. You can also indicate that you are looking for collaborators during the Concept Note phase.
- Project description–Provide a few paragraphs describing the project/proposal/idea.
Q&A The open proposals process:
- How can we complete self-assessments on the Global Goods Maturity Model? You can make a copy of the Google sheet and submit with a link or as an Excel document.
- Where can I find the Global Goods Maturity Model? Here. It is also accessible through our Wiki.
- How do I provide feedback on concept notes? Digital Square uses an open proposal process. You can create an account and provide comments and feedback on the posted proposals.
- Will my concept note and proposal get feedback? Digital Square cannot control the amount of feedback provided by other submitters. Digital Square does strive, however, to provide a minimum amount of feedback from the Peer Review Committee.
- What happens if my concept note or proposal receives conflicting feedback? Digital Square has no control over crowdsourced comments. In the event of conflicting comments, Digital Square can assist submitters choose the best way to proceed.
- What level of budget detail should be included in proposal budgets? The Governing Board should have an idea of how funding will be spent. The budget should be a line item budget that includes activities, travel, staffing, and LOE.
- Do all submitted concept notes progress to the proposal phase? Digital Square will not prevent the advancement of any concept notes into proposal phase unless they are clearly out of Digital Square’s scope.
- Can my organization submit more than one concept note or proposal? Yes.
- What visibility do other submitters have into my concept note? All concept notes and proposals can be viewed by all other submitters. Digital Square encourages submitters to provide feedback on other concept notes and proposals and look for potential collaborators. Other submitters will not see any budget information. The PRC will see high-level budget and LOE only.