Digital Square is a partnership of the worldâs leading digital health experts from 40+ organizations and countries working together to strengthen digital health systems in emerging economies. We support co-investment into scalable technology solutions and create the environments in which they can be sustained. Digital Square is led by and housed at PATH, the leader in global health innovation.
This wiki serves as a platform for technical audiences to obtain resources and information related to Digital Square's investments in global goods. More general information about Digital Square can be found on the main website.
- 1 COVID-19 Response
- 1.1 COVID-19 Webinars
- 1.1.1 April 30, 2020 | Private Sector Digital Adaptations for COVID-19 Response
- 1.1.2 April 7, 2020 | Managing the Global COVID-19 Pandemic with Health Informatics
- 1.1.3 March 30, 2020 | Global Goods Adaptation for COVID-19 Response
- 1.1.4 March 26, 2020 | Re-utilizing PEPFAR Investments during the COVID-19 Response
- 1.2 Global Good Adaptations to COVID-19 (updated May 6, 2020)
- 1.3 Additional COVID Resources
- 1.1 COVID-19 Webinars
- 2 Digital Square Information
- 2.1 What We Do
- 2.2 Governance
- 2.3 Investors
- 2.4 Global Goods
- 2.5 External Resources
- 2.6 Digital Square Resources
- 2.7 Digital Health & Interoperability Working Group
- 2.8 Contact Us
Digital Square is leveraging its unique role and strengths to support countries, donors, and partners in the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Harnessing existing relationships across the global digital health ecosystem, we mobilize our robust network of partners in coordinated response. We also utilize PATHâs work in global health security, malaria, primary health care, and the broader digital and data portfolio to more comprehensively support country partners in ensuring essential health services remain available.
April 30, 2020 | Private Sector Digital Adaptations for COVID-19 Response
In this webinar, leaders from the Digital Impact Alliance, Facebook, mClinica, Microsoft, and Tableau shared how to leverage private sector tools and technologies to strengthen health systems in COVID-19 response efforts.
April 7, 2020 | Managing the Global COVID-19 Pandemic with Health Informatics
In partnership with AMIA, this webinar shares informatics responses and challenges within the COVID-19 pandeimc.
March 30, 2020 | Global Goods Adaptation for COVID-19 Response
This webinar features a set of Digital Square-approved digital health global goods that have adapted their technologies to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
March 26, 2020 | Re-utilizing PEPFAR Investments during the COVID-19 Response
This webinar showcases how PEPFAR investments can be re-utilized in the COVID-19 response. During this session, we will feature a mix of digital tools including DATIM, Patient Level Monitoring, and the Global Open Facility Registry, and how they can be harnessed in the COVID-19 global response.
Global Good Adaptations to COVID-19 (updated May 6, 2020)
|Digital Health Atlas||
|OpenHIE COVID-19 Task Force (Cross-cutting for all global goods)||
In Nepal, Bahmni has been adapted for COVID-19 response in a few government hospitals:
|Community Health Toolkit (CHT)||
The CHT Team has created two use case demonstrations: Port of Entry (PoE Screening and CHT Rapid Diagnostic Teat (RDT) workflow for community health workers.
Additional COVID Resources
Digital Square Web Articles
Digital Square Information
What We Do
Digital Square is connecting the world for better health.
We work in three key ways:
- Coordinate investments in proven digital technology to maximize the impact of every dollar spent.
- Scale global good technologies that can be adapted to different countries and contexts.
- Create digital market readiness by building capacity with governments, local technology developers, and health workers.
Digital Square's investments follow detailed governance processes that leverage a Peer Review Committee, Board, and Investment Review Committee. Additionally, Digital Square serves as the Secretariat for DIAL's Health-Sustainability Advisory Group.
- What are Global Goods
- Shelf Readiness
- Global Goods Community
- Global Goods Guidebook
- Demographics of Digital Health Tools
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Minutes from Global Goods Calls
What are approved global goods?
Approved global goods have been vetted using the Global Good Maturity Model and an expert group of digital health stakeholders through the Digital Square Open Application Process. It has been approved as an investment priority by Digital Squareâs Board. Approved Digital Square global goods cover nearly all of the World Health Organization Digital Health Intervention Classifications. Many global goods are adaptable to support multiple interventions.
- List of Global Goods that are Approved - Contingent on Funding
- List of Global Goods that are Approved - Partially Funded
- Principles for Digital Development
- The Mobile Economy 2018
- The Mobile Economy Sub-Saharan Africa 2017
- Scaling Digital Health in Emerging Markets
- The latest case study on a mHealth service in Tanzania: Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby
Digital Square Resources
Digital Health & Interoperability Working Group
The Digital Health & Interoperability Working Group (DH&I WG) is a volunteer community of practice dedicated to strengthening country health systems and outcomes through the appropriate and responsible use of digital information technologies.
- Slack: Please join our slack team